The Bruce Watt Memorial Scholarship
Learning changes lives and we would like to help.
Angus Energy plc has established a yearly scholarship fund of £10,000 per year to support students from Bognor Regis and the surrounding community to undertake further academic studies beyond secondary school.
Whatever you are hoping to study, Level 3 or above, from NVQs to your Doctorate you can apply for a scholarship which could pay you up to £10,000 towards your costs. The number and value of scholarships awarded from the fund will vary each year.
Our first employee, Bruce Watt, passed away at the age of 46, leaving a family and two young children. The scholarship fund, has been named in his memory.
As Angus Energy’s first operations manager, he was instrumental in setting the highest standards of operational safety and efficiency. Bruce’s drive, intelligence, and personable approach to problem solving and management is the foundation of Angus Energy’s operating culture. His guidance and principals remain an integral part of our operations and this company.
Lucy Budge – University of Chichester
Rhian Daniel – Lancaster University
Conrad Meagher – University of Portsmouth
Emily Watt – Cardiff University
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be starting a new, full time, course of study at an accredited UK Institution of Further or Higher Education in the 2020/21 academic year – Level 3 or above.
- Be under 25 years of age
- If you are applying for a scholarship at university level, you must have achieved BBB or above in your A-levels (or equivalent) or for postgraduate students 2:2 or above – proof of this will be required.
- Have attended secondary school and/or currently reside in one of the following towns within a five mile radius of Lidsey:
- Applications will open 1 June 2020
- Application period closes 25 August 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 3 September 2020 and asked to submit supporting evidence in furtherance of their application within 7 Days.
- Recipients will be announced 17 September 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants for The Bruce Watt Memorial Scholarship agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The sole sponsor of the scholarship is Angus Energy plc, Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Street, London W4 5YA
- No other alternatives to the scholarship will be offered and the scholarship is non-transferable.
- The award is a one-off payment. Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply the following school year, only after a fresh submission into the application process for consideration.
- All applications must be completed and received in full by 25 August 2020. No consideration will be given to applications which do not meet all the conditions set out herein, which are incomplete or invalid, or which are received after the deadline.
- Angus Energy plc accepts no responsibility for applications that are lost, corrupted, damaged or delayed.
- All applications must be received via the online application form and only one application will be accepted per applicant. If an applicant is found to have submitted more than one application, they will be disqualified.
- In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship winner agrees to take part in any promotional activity to publicise the scholarship, as required by Angus Energy plc.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be notified by 3 September 2020, when they will be required to provide proof of acceptance on to the specific course for which they are applying for funding, proof of secondary school attendance and residence in one of the eligible towns, plus A-level grades where necessary. Candidates will be advised of the exact documents required at that time.
- Angus Energy plc reserves the right to decide how the scholarship money will be awarded. This will be decided on a case by case basis for each winner. Course fees paid by the student, a student loan or not yet been paid will be taken under consideration.
- The Scholarship applications will be judged by the selection committee on a discretionary basis on the merit of each applicant.
- The decision of the selection committee is final. Appeals will not be considered.
- Any winner found to have supplied incorrect, false or misleading information in their application at any time after the award will be liable to immediately repay any and all awards.
- This scholarship opportunity is not open to employees or the family of employees of Angus Energy plc.